Wise choices, as we all know, go a long way in making or breaking a deal. And being an app developer definitely requires you to have a critical eye out on popular trends in order to pick up the best technology. The latest news is that there is a neck to neck competition in the market between Ionic and React Native.
Which is then the best framework that can be used for app development? Before jumping into a debate, you must first under the differences in the two frameworks.
Coming back to the question at hand, what then is the future of app development?
To answer that question, a categorical comparison between the two frameworks will make our job here easier.
- Code: Ionic, on one hand, has an open source and is reusable. React native, on the other hand, has an adaptive code which is suitable for every platform.
- Communication: Communication for the Ionic framework is dynamic whereas for React Native framework it is powerful.
- App Performance: Ionic uses Web View, therefore, the performance is moderate. In React Native, no usage of Web View is needed so the code performance is better than Ionic, even excellent.
- User Experience: Ionic, when compared to React Native, has a moderate performance. The performance of React native framework is considered superlative to Ionic in this category.
- Mobile Application Type: Ionic develops a hybrid mobile app. React native has an upper hand here as well. It is similar to a native app. The user, in the end, will not be able to identify if it is a hybrid app.
- Accessibility of Hardware: Ionic requires, as specified above, the need for tools like PhoneGap and Cordova. React Native actually has enough potential to perform with depending on any external medium or tool.
- Supported Platforms: Both Ionic and React Native support both Android and iOS.
- Testing: Testing for Ionic can be performed on any browser. React Native requires some device or an emulator.
- Time: Ionic takes less time than React Native which is its biggest advantage over the other framework.
- Budget: Both ionic and React Native essentially cost the same.
- Documentation: Ionic’s documentation is simple and consistent. React Native has very basic documentation.
Having established all the above facts, it times to draw conclusions. Which is better between the two and also forms the future of app development? Quite clearly, Ionic and React Native are pretty different when it comes to offering web and mobile app solutions. But if there has to an answer, the option of reusability of the code and excellent performance of the apps developed by it bring React Native to the forefront.
Although it is evident that both apps have their own pros and are both good when it comes to efficiency and effectiveness, React Native stands out because it is suitable for each app development whether it is a startup or an established enterprise level app development. Moreover, React native offers a slightly better app development experience as it is extremely fast and very responsive too.