Facebook groups have blown up as a viable source for recruiting, and with that there’s a lot of great information to be had. In this article we’ll cover 8 specific strategies you can use to take advantage of Facebook groups as a Recruiter. We have mentioned some of the best executive search recruiter strategies here.
In the marketplace of recruiting, we all know Facebook Groups is a gold mine for recruiters. There are two sides to a coin. You can make or break your businesses through your Facebook Groups. This article is all about how you can use Facebook Groups as Recruiters in a positive way.
Why use facebook for recruitment?
Successful Facebook Groups are a powerful recruiting tool, online community and business networking platform. If you’re going to make your next hire via Facebook, Facebook Groups are the place to do it.
Recruitment is no doubt a challenging job. And if you were to ask recruiters, they will tell you that Facebook groups are one of the best means for them to get affiliate leads in an effective manner. Some executive search recruiter have their own Facebook group so they can promote their jobs and services. also create a better relationship with other professionals in this field by sharing ideas and experiences on this particular platform.
Facebook Groups are still one of the most underestimated ways of recruiting. If you think Facebook groups are for sharing cat memes only, you’re wrong. They are also a great way to build partnerships with groups of people that share the same interest or lifestyle.
8 tips on using Facebook for hiring in 2021 an executive search recruiter must consider
If you are an employer and looking for the best candidate to join your organization, you must have a pool of capable people. You should not underestimate the power of Facebook groups. The best way to find fresh new talent is by scouting them in social media.
If you are not utilizing Facebook for hiring, you need to start! Facebook has excellent tools for companies to search and recruit directly from the social media site. It is a free tool that allows you to narrow your audience without having to sift through junk applications as an executive search recruiter.
Here are a few awesome tips on how to leverage this platform as an employer!
- Use keywords to get the most accurately targeted results possible
- Check references and don’t be afraid to contact prior employers
- Don’t shy away from cheeky questions, they can give you a great insight into a candidates personality
- Don’t forget to make your selection incredibly clear in your job description to eliminate confusion for your applicants as it will save you time screening experiences candidates
- Try crowd sourcing using other social networks such as twitter and instagram if you have time
- Create a detailed job description
- Research your potential candidates carefully
- Be honest about the job you’re offering – be clear upfront what you’re willing to offer or pay and that will keep people engaged with you.
A few bonus tips
- Advertise the position
- Check for old job ads
- Respond to the application quickly
- Facetime interview or Skype calls are great
- Use an online tool such as LinkedIn
- Give recommendations if needed
- Offer benefits and perks according to the country/ location to attract more applications
- Be open on salary and benefits
How not to hire on Facebook?
If you’ve ever posted a job via Facebook, then you know how much time it takes to sift through applications. I’m sure it’s the same for your friends and other businesses. The first thing I noticed was that many people would copy-paste their applications, add a line here and there to make it look unique, and send out hundreds of applications in a short period of time. Some even fail to mention what they do or what they have accomplished.
Also, don’t give out your personal Facebook profile and contact information. This is one of the most common mistakes that recruiters make when hiring new employees.
Because if you’re not careful, you can put yourself in a position where you’ll be stuck with an employee that isn’t right for the job. The core “Value to User” any executive search recruiters is looking for are the best qualified candidates. Finally you don’t let anything hamper that.
Hiring can be a bit of a daunting task. Even if you know what you want, can around the interviews and checks out – hiring always ends up being a headache. Hiring your next employee can be a wonderful experience. One of the best tools that no one talks about is Facebook.
Using Facebook Groups is a win-win for everyone. Focus on your audience and value and let them bring business back to you is the key takeaway. Facebook may at first seem like just another social network but it has some great functions that makes hiring much easier. Hope you found this read useful. Come back soon for more exciting tips.