It’s an essential part of self-grooming to take care of the skin, overall health, and the body. To live a healthy and qualitative lifestyle, an individual must have a proper hygiene measure and routine that influences all aspects of life. Just like people opt to get nice clothes to keep themselves warm and cozy, they must also pay attention to keep their skin soft. Be it health, beauty, and quality of life; one must prioritize their own needs after all.
One of the most authentic and significant hygienic practice is to wash and clean the surroundings accurately. Then the second-best is to eat healthy and clean as well. Both of these sanitary and hygienic practices are essential to health and comfort.
Therefore, a daily routine for an individual must include:
- Remove dust and dirt from the face and body because they can cause skin problems when they accumulate.
- Make sure to avoid and remove unpleasant body odor through brushing teeth, brushing and washing hair, taking a bath, and so on.
- Limit the risk of disease transmission. This means that the hands need to be washed more frequently because they are more exposed to everything and can carry and transform germs.
In this write-up, we have shared below a few tips on how to have proper, clean, and tidy skin that is healthy as well as soft, fresh and supple.
The first and initial step is, yet again, the cleaning and washing. This process not only keeps the skin healthy but also contributes to our physical and moral well-being. So, for the skin to stay healthy, supple, and soft, what are its daily requirements?
Washing and Cleansing Everyday
Daily washing, cleansing, and moisturizing the skin are necessary to eliminate the dirt from the skin. The skin has pores; therefore, the dust pollution and sweat accumulates and stays in there during the day or night unless washed and exfoliated correctly.
Moreover, it helps maintain healthy skin and prevents unpleasant body odor. It also provides a feeling of well-being: it refreshes, invigorates, and relaxes. Just like taking a bath does for some. People feel refreshed and energized after a good bath.
Water Isn’t Enough
Believe it or not, it is considered that water is just not enough. Dirt must be dissolved and removed using a cleaner for the body (a cleanser for the face) containing surfactant compounds and then removed during the rinsing and washing process.
Also, the critical point is, applying deodorant immediately after washing will help prevent the formation of body odor.
More Practical and Effective Tips are mentioned below:
It’s essential to use a suitable soap and the right moisturizer for your skin type. It is recommended to use a soap-free solution as the soap clearly dries the skin. Using the fragrant shower gel, super-rich cleanser or soap, dermatological bar, liquid syndetic soap such as Dove as preferred.
Prefer showers instead of baths because frequent hot baths most likely promote dryness and itchiness of the skin. They are also not recommended in case of circulation disorders as they can harden one’s arteries and cause problems with blood flow.
However, if you still prefer to take a bath, it is significant to control the temperature of the water. Choose the temperature below 25 ° C or limit the duration of the bath to a minimum of 15 minutes to a maximum of 20 minutes.
Moreover, it’s always recommended to use lukewarm water on the skin instead of hot water. It is because hot water quickly deteriorates the hydrolipidic film, which is a thin layer that spreads over the skin surface and works as a protective shield on it.
Also, always make sure to rub and wipe off the skin gently to fry off the areas. Dab the skin with a clean towel, without rubbing, so as not to attack the epidermis – the outermost layer of skin. As mentioned above, moisturizing your skin after washing is significant to restore and maintain its moisture and softness.
Likewise, limit exposure to the sun and do not expose yourself without protection. The ultraviolet rays promote dryness of the skin and accelerate its aging, which is something no one would want. Therefore, do not hesitate to apply sunscreen daily to your skin if you have to spend time outdoors and need to be exposed to the sun.
Helpful Health Tips for Healthy Skin
- Adopt a varied and balanced diet. Certain nutrients are particularly important for good skin health.
- Be sure to drink 1.5 liters of water per day: good hydration is essential for the process of skin cell renewal.
- Regularly practice sport or physical activity: exercise promotes good oxygenation of the skin tissues.
- Avoid cigarettes. The toxic products contained in cigarettes alter the vascular network necessary for the irrigation of skin tissues. They also degrade specific components of the dermis, in particular hyaluronic acid.
- Try to limit sources of stress as stress increases the production of free radicals, responsible for the premature aging of cells and, in particular, those of the skin.
- Make sure you get enough sleep: about 7 to 8 hours per night. Lack of sleep promotes premature aging, as does stress.