Different Organisations uses different email organisation. It also depends upon the individual’s choice which email client he/she wants to use. IBM has Lotus Notes for email communication and if the person wants to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook then he/she needs to export NSF files to PST.
Lotus Notes store email data in NSF (Notes Storage Format) and MS Outlook supports PST (Personal Storage Table) format. So here is a manual method carried in two steps to convert NSF to PST.
Exporting NSF files to CSV
- Launch Lotus Notes and Open NSF database
- From Menu click on Export button
- In the Pop up box select the directory to save files
- Save the files as Comma Seperated Value (CSV) or Structured Text
We have Exported the files and now we have move them to Outlook
Import Files to Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook and go to Menu
- Click on File and then Import
- Select Import files as program
- Select the CSV or Structured Text file and click Next
The NSF files will be moved to Outlook PST. In this way you can manually transfer lotus Notes to Outlook.