Want to add a great look to your vehicle? Or, give a unique and more appealing look to the same? If so, pin striping is the right way to go. It works wonder at every car model. And when it is applied well, the result is outstanding.
To ensure the right application of boat pin striping to your car’s body. Let’s follow these four simple steps.
First step is all about the environmental condition. For an accurate application of graphic, 50-90 degrees Fahrenheit temperature of car surface is required. So, your first step is to check the temperature of the surface. Reason being, a cold surface makes the adhesive too brittle whereas a too hot surface makes the same too gummy. If apply in the recommended temperature, it will adhere properly.
Your next step is to arrange some of the household tools like Masking tape, Level, Squeegee, Application spray and Pin or X-ACTO knife.
The third step includes cleaning your vehicle’s surface. It doesn’t matter you always keep your car clean. Surface just attracts dust. It is important to clean the surface completely before applying you graphic. It ensures the proper adhesion. And it’s required.
Know these cleaning processes-
- Take liquid dish detergent and warm water. Wash and rinse the surface area using them. Let it dry or you can use a clean, lint-free towel or cloth to wipe and dry.
- Now take rubbing alcohol and wipe down the area. In order to avoid recontamination during this step, it is advisable to wipe the surface in just one direction.
It’s the step to apply the boat pin striping. Use the wet application method. It will help you remove and re-position your decal. Once the vinyl touches the surface, it cannot be removed until or unless you damage the decal.
Things to consider:
- Find a flat surface. Lay the graphic on it. When you remove the backing, spray the adhesive side as well as the area that you have cleaned.
- Apply the vinyl to the wet surface very carefully. Don’t try to stretch it excessively.
- Since Vinyl is a pressure-sensitive product, it is important to so use a squeegee for removing excess fluid and preventing air to enter behind the vinyl.
- When it comes to removing the application solution from between the decal and the vehicle, place the squeegee in the middle then begin.
- Use a straight-down motion. If there is any drop of the solution, let it be “pushed” out of the edges.
Once you have applied boat pinstriping over doors or panels, take X-ACTO knife, which should be very sharp and cut it. After that, wrap the remaining sections over the panel. If there is any bubbles, take a pin and puncher them. It’s done now.
It is strongly recommended to ensure every point mentioned above. Or you will damage your pinstriping. If you cannot do this yourself, it is good to hire experts. They will not just add a great look to your vehicle, but also enhance its appeal.