Migrate Emails From Lotus Notes to Exchange – Reliable Solution
Nowadays, many people want to switch from NSF to Exchange 2013 & for that the required conversion is needed.
Lotus Notes is a popular email client which is used for the basic function like emailing & showcases many other features. It stores its emails, contacts, calendars, journals & other items in the database called NSF (Notes Storage Facility). The IBM Notes stores its database in a file with .nsf extension.
The Exchange Server is a Mail & Calendaring server which is developed by Microsoft. Exchange stores all its data items in a file with .edb extension. Thus, in the below section we will discuss all the steps needed to be performed to convert Domino to Exchange.
Why there is a Need to Move from NSF to Exchange?
Due to many reasons, the users of IBM Notes is migrating from Lotus Notes to Exchange Server or to some other email clients. So, Exchange is the first choice of the users who are looking forward for the migration. As, there is a freedom to use Outlook in collaboration with exchange Server. The conversion to Exchange is not an easy job & while transferring many errors may arise. These issues can act as a bug in the process & can create problem in the whole procedure.
Challenges Occur While Exporting NSF File to Exchange
- The chances are that the organization may not always be aware of the requirement of the resources that are needed to apply to migrate from Lotus Notes to MS Exchange.
- While converting IBM Notes emails to any other email client, the reliability of the organization can be decreased as there is a need to invest a lot of time. Thus, this is always the reason that users require to spend a lot of time to understand the functioning of Exchange when they migrate NSF files.
- An excessive amount of knowledge about MS Exchange & its environment is needed to implement by the domino administrator.
- Moving to different platform may lead to different doubts & queries which are needed to be resolved time to time. Thus, the organization need to provide continuous assistance for solving these queries.
Alternate Solution to Convert Lotus Notes Mail to Exchange 2016
The best solution to import NSF to Exchange Server is to use third party tool i.e SysTools Mail Migration Wizard. With this software the migration process gets very simpler. Some of the features are described below:
- The tool export Lotus Notes to Exchange Server
- Provides an option to Map CN values from names.nsf file
- Supports different types of Calendar Recurrences
- Translate Canonical Names into SMTP format.
- Domino Server is required on the migration machine
- The live Exchange Server environment is needed for migration
To import NSF to Exchange, one should know all the difficult factors & problems which may arise between the migration process. The users should also have good knowledge of Exchange prior to the migration process. So that they get aware when any issue arise. Using Mail Migration tool, users can convert Lotus Notes mail to Exchange in very precise manner as this utility migrate the NSF files to Live Exchange Server.